AlexManectric

PvP Discussion: Guide

AlexManectric

Welcome to the PvP Discussion Forum!

Whether you’re new to this part of the forums, or you’re a Veteran – the PvP Discussion Forum is full of opportunities. I’m going to briefly explain what goes on here so that you can enjoy it to the maximum. It should also help you avoid getting in trouble! :)

Am I in the right part of the Forum?

If you're here to organise a tournament, talk about tactics for PvP Battles or take part in some of the events going on in this part of the Forums, you're definitely in the right place! More details of what goes on here is below :)

If you wish to comment on the state of the PvP, suggest improvements or report any bugs or issues you're having with battling, you need to post in the 'Feedback and Bugs' section of the forums, where Moderators will see and deal with it much more quickly.

Tournaments

The PvP Discussion part of the forum is used to organise a huge variety of tournaments. Everyone is welcome to create tournaments, and participating in the things that go on here is always a lot of fun.

Tournaments run here have their own unique rules, and hosts will normally display these on Page 1 of their thread. Enter as many tournaments as you want to – but try not avoid entering tournaments with definite end dates if you’re going to be unable to battle in time. It tends to mean a lot of hassle for organisers. Tournaments are always a great way to play, and there are plenty of prizes to be won too!

If you’re interesting in creating a Tournament, it’s important to remember that they must be free to enter – taking entry fees (cards, codes or packs) as well as gambling or betting on the outcome of the battle is forbidden. You will be reported to the Moderators for not following these rules.

Battle Discussion

This part of the forums is where all the discussion about battles takes place - from people offering tactics on how to beat certain decks right through to people retelling their battles in the form of poetry! I hope you have plenty to share about your TCGO Battles – because there are lots of people here with opinions just waiting to hear them. There’s lots of exciting things to read about, so dive right in and post whatever your thoughts are on the range of topics being discussed here.

There’s been a lot of talk recently about how the Pokemon-EX cards are considered over-powered, to the extent where it is beginning to become spam. Of course, you are welcome to share your thoughts on the matter, but the subject has been covered a lot of times now with neither side making much headway. If you want to discuss the topic, please do so in a constructive way – perhaps suggesting Anti-EX decks or by organising a Non-EX Tournament or Group. At the end of the day, the moderators who read these forums don’t make the cards – so complaining and asking for them to be removed from the game etc. really is a waste of time and energy as they have no power to do such a thing. Please address these complaints directly to The Pokemon Company International directly by writing an email! Feedback such as the introduction of Non-EX Modes in PvP have already been addressed and will hopefully be on their way!

Rules Worth Remembering

I'm including these just to help you avoid a potentially difficult situation - and to help clarify the rules.

1) Posting external links - such as tournaments being run on 'other social media sites' is prohibited.

2) If things ever get out of hand and you see comments you're not comfortable with - there is a report button in the bottom right hand corner of every message you can use to get the moderator's attention to a thread/message.

3) Spamming and trolling (giving misleading information) is strictly forbidden. This includes creating duplicate threads.

4) Battles are for fun - and arrogance and aggression, whilst it may be amusing to some, can offend others. Be respectful of other people's feelings when posting about a battle or giving an opinion. This game is for all ages.

5) Betting, pay-to-enter tournaments and scamming are illegal - but distributing free prizes is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged!)

If you have any questions, please post a message below and I will respond as quickly as possible. It's also useful to see that people are reading this thread - so post here if this thread has helped :)

You might also find more information at the main TCGO Unofficial Guide:http:// http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37527-Unofficial-Guide-amp-FAQ

Best Wishes!

TCGO Queen,

AlexManectric

Edited by AlexManectric
  • Upvote 10

AlexManectric

Heya!

I'd love some feedback on this guide. I'm going to produce a series of them for each section of the Forums to help guide newer players. My aim is to help players post to the right areas of the forums, explain the rules that are enforced on the Forums (as they're generally very well enforced but not listed clearly enough in each section of the Forums) and help to clean up the Forums of repetition and spam.

I'd love feedback/comments on both the above message and this idea - I'm open to changes :)

Edited by AlexManectric

ImMrFlubaDub

Like these guides Alex - not too wordy but at the same time being informative and to the point :) These should be a good help for newer players! Hopefully the mods may make these stickies when they're all done

pkmnkingnik

This is very informative and helpful

supernova51D

Honestly if i was a newbie or not, this is very helpful!

Once again its friendly to read, and clear to the point, not much ambigiousity

Calvin-Cool

Great thread and this is really helpful.

• Downvote 1

Rewdboy05

These both should really be stickied. Threads like these really need to be one of the first things newbies read upon arrival.

AlexManectric

Can a moderator please read over the above - I would love it if this could achieve sticky status!

AlexManectric

I've standardised my threads a bit - to make them easier to read.

I've also added two new sections - one to help clarify some rules I feel need to be MUCH more clear and secondly to help people work out if they're posting in the right place :)

BoysArbokintown

What is everyone's favorite tournament structure? I personally prefer a free-for-all structure so that players can play on their own time and don't have to find 1 particular player to battle.

RangerX007

best guide

RangerX007

Yeah dude you are rite about that.

pkmnkingnik

Its a sticky now!

AlexManectric

:') Thank you Moderators!

If anyone has questions, drop them below :)

kfisherman

congrats alex on getting this sticked.

LordVorminious

Youre doing a great job. I was unaware of some of the rules, is it illegal to bet on cards over a match now? Because many months back i used to run a thread where you could win or lose cards of equal value over a match. It was quite popular back then but i guess i was fortunate enough to have met no scammers, and the moderators didnt say anything either. But perhaps its a good thing to ban such matches.

AlexManectric
Youre doing a great job. I was unaware of some of the rules, is it illegal to bet on cards over a match now? Because many months back i used to run a thread where you could win or lose cards of equal value over a match. It was quite popular back then but i guess i was fortunate enough to have met no scammers, and the moderators didnt say anything either. But perhaps its a good thing to ban such matches.

No, betting is also illegal - thank you for pointing that out :) I will add it to page 1

AlexManectric

Thank you Prof Mathis for correcting my mistake about who to email :)

The-TCG-Helper

Congratulations!

AlexManectric
Congratulations!

Thank you very much :)

As ever, if you have any questions anyone, feel free to ask!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

pkmnkingnik

I learned on july 16th, the new tournament legal will be NXD-on for the 2013-2014 season

• Upvote 2

AlexManectric
I learned on july 16th, the new tournament legal will be NXD-on for the 2013-2014 season

Thanks for posting that :) I'll update Page 1 once the new rotation comes into effect. Do we know yet if EX Battle Boost cards are rotated out?

AuraOfNature

So can I ask a quick question, if this is illegal cause I dont think it is, but not sure. If you say that someone beats you in a battle, Mostly this is for Newbies since I dont have many tradeable cards, That if they beat me in one of my decks, I trade 3-5 cards for 1 of my wants that they have? No EX's just other pokemon I am looking for. If this is alright please let me know thanks

AlexManectric
So can I ask a quick question, if this is illegal cause I dont think it is, but not sure. If you say that someone beats you in a battle, Mostly this is for Newbies since I dont have many tradeable cards, That if they beat me in one of my decks, I trade 3-5 cards for 1 of my wants that they have? No EX's just other pokemon I am looking for. If this is alright please let me know thanks

There's nothing wrong with trading as long as both parties are happy with the trade :)

The only thing that is not allowed is if you were to bet on the outcome of the battle - but as no bets were involved there's nothing wrong with that :) Hope that helps!

minecraftking27

Hey alex i found out your a girl! im not trying to be mean thought.I heard from 7 people tha t your famous on this game is that true?