Sign in to follow this  
TPCi_Warrax

New trainer challenge scoring system

TPCi_Warrax

Hey Trainers,

Here is a little more details about the new scoring system in the Trainer Challenge.

Earning Stars

These points are displayed and totaled at the end of the game. These total points are added to the player’s cumulative point total for that individual Trainer Opponent. Players earn stars based on these cumulative points.

Prizes

1st Star per Trainer Opponent= 1 trainer token

2nd Star per Trainer Opponent = 3 trainer tokens

3rd Star per Trainer Opponent = 10 trainer tokens

4th Star per Trainer Opponent = 1 random Booster Pack, non-tradable, selected current modified sets

League Bonus

When a player has earned 4 star in all 12 of the Trainer Opponents in a league (Gold, Platinum or City Champs) they are rewarded with an additional 3 random non-tradable booster packs selected current modified sets.

This is a great way to get some extra boosters packs while unlocking the new basic decks and or any Theme decks you have. Try it out and let us know what you think!

Prof_Warrax

Master of Chaos

Balthz

Good job, I really like the changes. Although I could've easily missed your post, this kind of info I would normally expect in the patch notes thread instead.

Enrageddark1

agreed

Mister-Burkes

+1, makes trainer challenges more rewarding in the long run

FlameRaven

Looking forward to this and the opportunity to earn more free booster packs. One of the reasons I started tcgo is because I'm unsure whether I want to commit to the cost of playing the TCG in real life.

How are the stars calculated? Do we get to know that?

frishter

Awesome, just tried the trainer challenge yesterday since I previously beat it before the client version. And saw my first booster.

Looking forward to this and the opportunity to earn more free booster packs. One of the reasons I started tcgo is because I'm unsure whether I want to commit to the cost of playing the TCG in real life.

How are the stars calculated? Do we get to know that?

It's done by score. Just keep battling them over and over (I'm going to use different decks possibly for the achievement and see if there's some sort of bonus at 36 battles, there possibly won't be (edit: yes there isn't at this time). Higher difficulty = more score, but it accumulates.

Edited by frishter

FlameRaven

So I've been working on the Gold League and more or less figured the scoring system. Here it is for reference (because there are a ton of people in the chats asking how this works):

1 star = 1,000 points

2 stars = 5,000 points

3 stars = 10-15,000 points (unclear what's the exact number)

4 stars = 30,000 points+

Additionally, playing on Hard difficulty nets you 1.5x point bonus, and Expert mode gives you 2x point bonus.

The booster packs are random packs, not booster credits (slightly disappointing). So far I've earned 6-7 boosters; most of them have been either Plasma Storm or Triumphant (?). There were one or two other sets in there too.

I am quite pleased with the increased difficulty of the trainers in the Trainer Challenge; they're difficult opponents, but not too difficult. Was a little surprised to see their decks running EXs, but I guess it teaches anti-EX strategy. I do love the Bouffalant included in the Basic Green deck. :D

Overall a real improvement-- now there is incentive to fight these trainers multiple times with all the different decks, and the free boosters are extra nice for those of us who can't afford to buy a ton of cards or card codes yet.

frishter

3 stars = 10-15,000 points (unclear what's the exact number)

I think it's 14k, I got 2 stars with 13510 points and 3 stars with 14080

FlameRaven
I think it's 14k, I got 2 stars with 13510 points and 3 stars with 14080

Yeah, it's a little unclear. I think I've had the 3 stars ding as early as 11 or 12k, but sometimes have to wait until 14k. I'll try to pay closer attention as I play more and see if I can't pin it down. Though it doesn't really matter as 4 stars is the goal. I would care more about the huge numbers of trainer tokens I am getting (+250-300 in the last two days) if they actually did anything.

Mega_dance_suit

This is a really nice patch. I also like the trainer challenge rating system.

cicolasnage

Nice, I pulled some really nice cards from this! I've finished gold league:)

Sk8er-BOI-2

Ok. thanks. I got it. So, you get 14 tokens and 1 booster pack per opponent. Great, now just add more opponents XD or give like a % chance to get a booster pack everytime you beat a trainer with 4 stars...

Erekoze

Well for now it was good but after that u dont have many things to do if u want to play for free(i dont know if this sounds weird but for me that is the situation) and still be competitive.I think since u cannot trade these cards u can push a bit more the offers.I am against grinding but i dont think that if for example u give a 20% chance to get a pack from a 4 star trainer is a bad idea.And not all of them have something very good when u open them so...

Anyway keep it up :)

PokerWizzard

This is a good way to earn some boosters !

Saberx723

I think it's interesting that people are asking for more cards already. It's not that you shouldn't want more, it's just that they give you 45 packs if you beat all of the leagues.

That's 450 cards. And with the gems at about $6 per pack, that's the equivalent of $270 worth of cards, for free. Either that or at least $25 (if you were to buy the codes online). I think 45 packs is a great number. It will help out beginners immensely. I like them a lot since they can't be traded. I know I'll always have the cards and won't be tempted to make a bad trade with them.

rEdRuMzz

I like it! I just want to play it...-.-

PKMNResearcher

I really do like the scoring feature. I think it was put together well, it would be nice if there were bonuses for higher scores at increasing increments, Example: 1 pack at 30,000pts, another at 100,000pts and a percentage chance thereafter would be nice, so props to SK8TER BOI 2, EREKOZE, and anyone else who thought of it. IT would also be nice if that after 4 stars you could use your own deck, especially since it would be nice for testing against specific typing.

The only "concern" I have about the scoring is people being made uncomfortable by the "Godly" rank and the possible offense/controversy it could cause especially since ranks such as "Epic" or "Legendary" would serve equal purpose. I am not advocating censoring of any type, only that perhaps a better wordage is possible. Personally when I saw the "Godly" rank I didn't think it described the battle which that score reflects.

Aisor

This is a great improvement and sure to help a lot of beginners. It complements the improved free decks really well, those give a decent basis for a deck and these boosters can then improve them further.

Like suggested earlier, the next step would be to keep the rewards coming after this point while keeping the intervals getting progressively larger.

Then you could sell limited time bonuses to boost score gain multipliers / to make Trainer Challenge rewards from a limited period tradeable / to reset daily freebie limits if you implement those, or even score resets that can be bought with gems, all kinds of means to make people pay for their free cards :P.

Another idea would be that redeemed theme decks unlock boosters the first time you finish a trainer challenge league with them, that should improve their sales.

Erekoze

Guys i am sorry if i sounded greedy but let me explain myself a bit.

I just made a suggestion.I a not a mod(thank god u wont have 1 more problem :P) i am just a new player that entered the TCGO before 1 week.I found the trainer challenge awesome and i brought 5 friends into the game.We almost cleared the Trainer Challenge and now we are ready to duel for the fun of it and nothing more.

I am sorry to dissapoint some of u but none of my friends including me are willing to pay for cards (at least for now) but we are in mood of making more people to join the game and play with us so basically we "kind of" get something in exchange of that "promo".I think that is what devs wanted too by giving free packs with the new rating system (forgive me if i am wrong on it).

I did not say that we want an upgrade NOW and i am not greedy it was just a suggestion.I dont find any reason any1 should be bothered.

As i said before,keep up the good work.

P.S:Sorry if my english are bad,i hope u understand what i mean. :rolleyes:

trader52

This is a great system to get some booster packs nice job!

Chris_P

Obtaining booster packs in trainer challenge is wonderful. Very glad about it.

As for the "what more could they do" discussion:

Well, there has never been a Colorless, Dark, Psychic, Metal or Dragon basic theme deck. And for good reason of course, but it would be nice if one of each could be acquired by accomplishing something in the trainer challenge, only so that it's as easy to start with any type of Pokemon before collecting more cards. I think it would add a lot of variety in the game. Especially if all types of basic decks became available on the Trainer Challenge mode. I mean Orange and Yellow as well.

In general, there are plenty boosters available in the game so we don't really need much more between the daily gifts and the trainer challenge...

Edited by Chris_P

Linnell

All we need now from trainer challenge is basic decks of each color, colorless, yellow, orange, black, purple, and silver and maybe dragon. 1 of each i think would do just fine to give us more options to use against the AI.

Edited by Linnell

FlameRaven

I would definitely like a chance to get more psychic/dark cards. I want to make a deck with them but the handful of pokemon I'm getting from boosters isn't enough to deck around.

Keyser7

Good new, although I think it's unfortunate that we still can not choose our booster ...

rileyy
Guys i am sorry if i sounded greedy but let me explain myself a bit.

I just made a suggestion.I a not a mod(thank god u wont have 1 more problem :P) i am just a new player that entered the TCGO before 1 week.I found the trainer challenge awesome and i brought 5 friends into the game.We almost cleared the Trainer Challenge and now we are ready to duel for the fun of it and nothing more.

I am sorry to dissapoint some of u but none of my friends including me are willing to pay for cards (at least for now) but we are in mood of making more people to join the game and play with us so basically we "kind of" get something in exchange of that "promo".I think that is what devs wanted too by giving free packs with the new rating system (forgive me if i am wrong on it).

I did not say that we want an upgrade NOW and i am not greedy it was just a suggestion.I dont find any reason any1 should be bothered.

As i said before,keep up the good work.

P.S:Sorry if my english are bad,i hope u understand what i mean. :rolleyes:

didnt you got it? there are a bunch of free packs!

go for them!

Sign in to follow this